17 Aug Refurbished CTP Equipment: Kodak Magnus 5183 VLF
Platesetters Introduces Its Newest Arrival:
The Kodak Magnus 5183 VLF CTP Device with a Multi-Cassette Unit
Innovative technologies continue to advance the printing industry since the development of eco-friendly Computer-to-Plate (CTP) imaging solutions which provide stable, high quality, consistent results commercial printers can decrease their workload, streamline their processes and produce a higher quality product at a reduced cost. These evolving trends, which include workflow automation, technology integration and changing consumer demands, are transforming printing companies into more efficient and effective businesses. It also provides opportunities for small commercial printers to participate in a highly competitive marketplace. It is only a matter of time, until Very Large Format (VLF) CTP devices become the norm for high volume commercial printers and packaging industries.
Recognizing this trend, Platesetters.com – the world’s leading source for reconditioned, quality prepress service, parts, lasers and equipment – exceeds international customers’ needs by providing full-service, individualized solutions at a fraction of the manufacturer’s price. Factory-trained certified technicians rigorously test and only use Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) parts. With more than 40 years of combined experience, Platesetters’ technicians also provide on-site and remote service with quick same day remote service, 24-48 hour on-site service response times to minimize downtime.
Plus, Platesetters has earned its global reputation as the most dependable source for reconditioned prepress equipment, parts and service by offering one of the industry’s best warranties.
Given that Kodak is a known name in the printing industry, it’s not surprising that the Kodak Magnus 5183 VLF CTP with a Multi-Cassette Unit (MCU) is one of the faster large format platesetters on the market.
Features of the Kodak Magnus 5183 VLF CTP include:
- Continuous load provides quick turn around with speeds of up to 48 Plates Per Hour (PPH)
- The MCU holds up to 300 plates in four cassettes that can each accommodate up to 75 plates with slip sheets
- Plates automatically selected based on the job definition
- Empty cassettes can be reloaded while the platesetter is in operation, increasing efficiency
- The integrated plate rotator reduces the machine footprint, requiring less physical space
- Thermal Imaging Technology delivers end-to-end imaging integrity – from original file to press – despite such variables as laser power, plate-emulsion sensitivity and processor variation
- Plate-emulsion sensitivity and processor variation corrects for temperature-related plate expansion to deliver
precise registration and prevents errors